You will need
Pillar Candle I used a pillar candle but you should choose to suit your text or picture.
Digital Photo , on your phone or even on a social media site.
Select Photo & Prepare Paper:
Once you have your picture picked, simply take a piece of white tissue paper and cut it so just a bit larger than A4
Smooth carefully the tissue over the printer paper and tape the excess edges to the back of your printer paper very neatly.
Print Image on Tissue Paper:
trim your image to the size or shape you require so it fits the candle nicely.
Cover with greaseproof
Once your image is trimmed, place it onto the pillar candle, ink side up.
Next take the greaseproof and wrap it around your candle.
Use a larger piece than you need as this will enable you to hold it in place at the back firmly.
make sure it’s tight, so you don’t have any air bubbles or wrinkles. I cover my hand with a tea towel as this can get very hot. Use the hairdryer on a hot setting and move it carefully and constantly over the picture.The image will be clearer through the paper. Stop heating once you can clearly see the image.
Once your paper is taped, place it into the printer. Make sure the tissue paper is the side that gets printed on. If you aren’t sure which way to place the paper in your printer, do a test run by marking a plain piece of paper with a squiggle.
After the paper prints, you’ll be able to figure out which side the tissue paper needs to be facing on. Import as many pics as you wish onto your doc and then print. It’s great to fill your page and use up the whole page .
Personalised candles are cheap and beautiful gifts made with care and thought , a unique gift or a beautiful centre of a floral arrangement for any wedding, christening or Christmas.
The Perfect Gifts for people who love Stonehenge
In the beautiful English countryside Stonehenge, the mythical stone ring, is the ancient monument, as known as Buckingham Palace, and is easily recognisable even by people normally not interested in archeology.
There are hundreds of stone circles all over the world, but the size of the Stonehenge, the innovative and mysterious design of the building and the combination of stones with gigantic rock boulders to make it really special.
Located in the Salisbury Plain, on the southwestern part of England in the county of Wiltshire, Stonehenge is surrounded by a strange landscape of burial mounds and ancient earthwork near to the beautiful Cathedral city of Salisbury.
Together with the stone circle of Avebury, also in Wiltshire, Stonehenge became a World Heritage Site in 1986. Tourists flock all the time (when there are no pandemics) and while in the past people could actually go near the stones and touch them, now everything is fenced off. But it’s still an incredible experience.
We have collected a series of gifts for people who love Stonehenge, so you don’t have to look for them. You will find anything from books to Tshirts, from chess sets to puzzles.
Why your home should smell like a memory
Fragrance in the places we live can transform a house into a home.Daring to try new scents until you find the right one for you makes your home as unique as you are and creates the ambience you want .alter our mood fond memories associated with happiness are evoked as your brain reacts to the memory of a scent, perhaps a vanilla candle will suddenly make you feel happy, if it reminds you of baking with your mother or gran as a child.
For many years a candle’s only function was to provide light. Nowadays, they are used as an home accessory bringing a decorative and personal touch to your home taking us to imaginary places such as walks in a pine forest or meadows filled with lavender.
A desire to transport ourselves to faraway places which conjure up images of relaxing heady journeys into the mysteries of our imaginations are the focus of some beautifully unique candles from Fernweh.
Coffee and freshly baked bread may be a little cliché, but there is an element of truth behind the theory that smells sell homes but the truth is our homes have a story and that can be in the very scent that is absorbed into the walls.Consider what story you want to tell in your home, I have yet to try these candles but the idea of them fills me with glee…how wonderful to tell your home story as an anecdote through scent .
A flickering candle in the mid winter will immediately transform your room into a little cosy haven filling it with wintery scents, cinnamon fights mental fatigue and improves concentration and focus whilst pine is said to reduce stress.
Perhaps you have a home office and in which case rosemary is great for memory retention and concentration add peppermint to enhance focus.
Vanilla has become a byword for boring, unconventional, and normal, but we can still revel in its scent and it is thought to give stress relief and offer a calming oasis in this busy world.
Jasmine revitalises, builds confidence and optimism whilst Lavender is famously known as a relaxing bedroom scent, inducing sleep with pleasant dreams.But combine with rich scents such as ginger and sandalwood and the aphrodisiacal qualities that can really set a different mood for the bedroom!
Fragrance throughout the home will transform and enhance your living spaces however I believe that the right home scent expresses your individuality ,putting your personality into the very fabric of your home.
- 3 FRAGRANCES SCENTS: The romantic Rose scent gives a feeling of walking in the garden. A gentle Lavender scent like a forest after the rain, offering peace and relaxation. The Vanilla Honey scent followed by a sense of sweetness and happiness.
- 100% NATURAL SOY WAX: The scented candles are made of 100% soy wax with essential oil. It won't generate acrid smoke, harmless, and no pollution. The essential oils extracted from natural plants, which is safe for the elderly and children.
- HIGH-QUALITY REUSEABLE JAR: Elegant brown amber glass container makes the glow of candlelight more warm and beautiful. The label can be removed and the jar can also be used for balms, lotions, spices after the candle is burned.
- IDEAL GIFT: Stylish retro packaging, special glass jar. From the packaging to the container, they are all carefully and specially designed. When your family, friends, or lovers receive this scented candle gift set, they can feel your intentions and sincerity.
- 100% SATISFACTION: IDEALHOUSE provides full refunds and returns if there are any problems after receiving the product. Just let us know and we will solve the issue and answer your concern at the soonest.
- Natural soy wax infused with fragrance oils to give a full scent through out the candles. Linen, Lavender & Vanilla, Apple Cinnamon, Sandalwood & Rose are fragrant, sweet, elegant and pleasant, they are perfectly matched and create the ideal scented candles for you.
- Single candle size: 6.2 cm x 6.2 cm x 4 cm ( L x W x H) , Netweight: 60 g, burning time: about 12 hours.
- Great for Birthdays, weddings, sponsor events, corporate events, Christmas. LA BELLEFÉE Candles gift set are placed into its own gifted box, making it a special gift for everyone.
- Soy candle burns evenly all the way. When the candle is finished, clean it and reuse it, keeping the recycling going.
- CARE: WICKS should be kept trimmed between burnings to 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Always place candles on a heat resistance surface. Discontinue use when 1/4“ of wax is left. Keep burning soy candles away from kids and pets and any flammable objects.
- 🎁 4 PLEASANT AROMA: Comes in different scents including Lavender, Jasmine, Vanilla, and Rose, all with soothing and relaxing functions to intersperse serenity in your space
- 🎁 NATURAL INGREDIENTS & SMOKE-FREE: Made of lead-free cotton wicks and premium fragrance oils, Anjou candles provide you healthy, safe aromatic bliss in your house.
- 🎁 LONG LASTING TIME: Anjou Candle sets Wax content 3.5oz per cans, 20 hours burning time, a total of 80 hours of combustion. Trim the wicks to help evenly burn and increase the burning time
- 🎁 PERFECT GIFT IDEAS: A handy relaxation set for birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, Mother’s & Father’s Days, or other holidays, with nice looking package that all ages will love
- 🎁 100% CUSTOMER SATISFATION: If you have any issue, please contact us any time and we will solve ur problems with 24h warmest customer service
A present for the Big kid in your life?
Men will be men…or boys! It seems that they will always enjoy Lego no matter their age or profession to the point that ,in my opinion , Lego has brought out kits designed especially with adults in mind, ignore the 11 plus age suggestion!
Many men have a favourite vehicle they dream to own and in my husbands case he had sold his many years before but lamented its loss deeply. The land rover defender.
I debated long and hard about buying this set for my husband however I am so pleased I did. He was thrilled with it and enjoyed building it , even setting up the camcorder and microphone in the spare room to record himself building it for you tube tutorial! Unfortunately after many hours building the intricate bits together he realised he had forgotten to insert the memory card, but the intention was there!
The box itself reveals some of the 4×4’s clever details. There are 2573 pieces and the model number – ‘42110’ – is also quite clever: ‘42’ is in reference to its length in centimetres (it’s also 22cm tall and 20cm wide) and ‘110’ is naturally a nod to the five-door size real-life Defender. It’s a complicated build , be careful to make sure that you make no mistakes its a lengthy process and difficult to rectify!
The doors open to reveal an impressive level of detail inside the cab, and on the inside of the door. The steering wheel is functional, and steering control is replicated on the roof via a gear.The bonnet can be lifted to view the engine and operate the winch.The car itself has plenty of clever details. The doors, bonnet and tailgate all open, and there are five seats inside, and there’s an Adventure Pack-style roof rack with ladders, traction mats and a storage box and a working winch.
The huge thick instruction manuals is a work of genius and illustrated in minute detail, I am sure it would enable an 11 year old to build but my 49 year old husband managed with only a few mishaps along the way!
The details really are impressive even to me, and I was regaled with the progress so far and many pictures and updates as he progressed through the build. The finished article is admired greatly and brought many hours of joy to my ‘ big kid’. If you have a significant other in your life who yearns for a toy this will not disappoint!
- Skin8 months ago
Natural exfoliants that you can make at home
- Nature7 months ago
Where to see seals and dolphins in London
- Nature6 months ago
Why is the London plane tree so special?
- Exhibition5 months ago
London, exhibition of royal portraits in Greenwich
- Beauty & Fashion6 months ago
Were Edwardian women waists ‘photoshopped’?
- Cinema7 months ago
Discover Louis Wain’s cats before the movie with Benedict Cumberbatch comes out
- The Arts5 months ago
Scottish Tourism The Kelpies
- News4 months ago
Alexandra Palace’s beer garden will reopen soon