The Empire State Building is a 102-story skyscraper located in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, and is one of the most famous buildings in the world. The Empire State Building was designed by William Lamb from the architectural firm Shreve & Lamb and built by the John McShain company. It took an astonishing 410 days to build. The building was officially opened on May 1, 1931. The Empire State Building has a total floor area of 2,768,591 square feet (250,000 m2), with 102 stories at 1,250 feet (381 m) tall.
It has been named as one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World by the American Society of Civil Engineers. The Empire State Building’s Art Deco design was created by William Lamb, who incorporated elements of the past and present. The building was originally built as a symbol of modernity and to house the world’s most powerful radio station.
At that time it was the first building of this size in the world with 102 floors. For forty years, the builders claimed to have created the tallest building in the world. Today the Empire State Building is only the seventh tallest skyscraper in New York, worldwide more than 40 buildings are now higher. The colourful history of the building is hard to beat, no other skyscraper has become such a cultural icon. And not many other can claim to have been climbed by King Kong. This building has been featured in many movies and television shows including Spiderman 2, Independence Day, Ghostbusters, The Day The Earth
Many people have taken photos on the viewing platform on the 86th floor.The building has a great view of Central Park to the west and Times Square to the east.
- Build a detailed model of the New York City Skyline, including the miniature Statue of Liberty, and 4x32 tiled base with decorative nameplate
- Model features the Flatiron, Chrysler, Empire State and One World Trade Center Buildings and is 10”/26cm high, 9”/25cm wide and 1”/4cm deep
- Capture the architectural essence of New York City with this magnificent set that brings together iconic buildings in an inspirational skyline setting
- This wonderful model focuses on the amazing architectural diversity of one of the world's most dynamic cities
- Includes collectible booklet containing information about the design, architecture and history of the buildings
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- John Abraham, Katrina Kaif, Neil Nitin Mukesh (Actors)
- Kabir Khan (Director) - Aditya Chopra (Writer) - Aditya Chopra (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)